The partners have gathered together in the heart of Europe, Budapest. It is a wonderful place to meet face-to-face one more time in order to finalise the project.
The partners have discussed all the projects results, shared their findings and generalised the progress. And we are happy to announce that the considerable work has been done, and we are more than happy to share the next upcoming results with you!
VAEV and partners within the project RESTORE gathered together on the 17-18thof January and had a third translational project meeting 🇪🇺
Partners have shared their progress and discussed the new steps in the project.Now the workshops for Roma people are on their way and the content for futureeducational mobile app is being prepared. The topics which would be included inthe educational materials include civic engagement and inclusion, stereotypesand antigypsyism, and decision making on political level.
Apart from that, partners discussed the technical part of the mobile app forwhich VAEV is responsible. Stay tuned if you want to see the upcomingoutstanding outputs
RESTORE project underlines the need of fostering civic engagement of Roma adults in their local communities, bringing them closer to EU values and ideas of union and diversity. EU strategic framework of 2020-2030 emphasizes that the three pillars approach (i.e equality, inclusion and participation) can support the active citizenship of Roma communities, as well as can enhance their democratic participation in their countries.
• INSTITUT FUR ROMA UND MINDERHEITEN EV, Germany
• BK Consult GbR, Germany
• VIENNA ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATION VOLUNTEERS, Austria Wien WIEN
• AKMI KATARTISI EKPAIDEYSI ANONYMI ETAIREIA, Greece Aττική (Attiki) Athens
• SYMPLEXIS, Greece Aττική (Attiki) Athens
• ROMAVERSITAS ALAPITVANY, Hungary Budapest BUDAPEST
• CITIZENS ASSOCIATION FOR SUPPORT OFMARGINALIZED GROUPS ROMA RESOURCE CENTER, SKOPJE The Republic of North Macedonia Скопски (Skopski)
- Fostering democratic participation of at least 15 Roma adults (per country) into their local communities ;
- Motivating at least 15 Roma adults (per country) to be informed about their rights and responsibilities into their own country of residence;
- Providing Roma adults with the appropriate upskilling pathways related to civic education;
- Offering local communities with at least 15 policy recommendations on how to launch a holistic civic engagement inclusive approach related to Roma’s democratization and local participation;
- Connecting at least 10 European Organizations Roma adults, through the formulation of a training programme related to civic engagement and democratic participation
- Introduction of an interractive map, which will cover issues related to unity, diversity and cultural herritage, inspiring the target group to get to know the european values;
- Incorporation of Role models, who will teach in a way Roma adult on how to be adapted in the local environment, as well as helped them in the democratization process;
- The creation of a holistic OER training programme for Roma adults, in view of covering issues related to self-awareness,dialogue and reflection etc.;
- The formulation and delivery of a mobile app connected to the OER programme for Roma adults, in view of making it accessible 24 hours a day.
- The identification of civic educational models, which will guide them into choose how the training programme will be better served to Roma adults;
- ·The delivery of a support repository which will cover civic learning practices and offer extra training resources;
- The evaluation of the training programme, resulted to a holistic report of policy recommendations related to the best civic engagement approach towards Roma adults.