Empowering Roma Communities through Civic Engagement: A Recap of the Multiplier Event in Germany
In three impactful online sessions, our Multiplier Event in Germany gathered 73 participants, includingstakeholders and Roma community members. The event showcased the outcomes of a projectdedicated to enhancing civic engagement among Roma adults through innovative educationalinitiatives.
The event featured two main sections, focusing on project introduction and concrete achievements,including the creation of civic educational models and an OER program tailored for Roma adults. Thehighlight was an e-course designed to boost civic competencies, especially for Roma women.
The agenda included project aims, partner presentations, results overview, a module on Antigypsyismand Discrimination, and engaging discussions with participants.
Local stakeholders, Roma and non-Roma organizations, policy advocates, and Roma communitymembers actively participated.
Participants expressed gratitude for educational materials and found the e-course modulesinnovative. There’s a keen interest in further workshops addressing civic engagement andparticipation among vulnerable communities.
In summary, the Multiplier Event in Germany successfully catalyzed discussions and initiatives,contributing to the ongoing effort to empower Roma communities through civic engagement.
National Multiplier Events Report
Provide Social Pathways for Roma people
|Institute for Roma and Minorities Inclusion
|Date and venue
|06, 15 and 20 October 2023 online
|Total number of participants
Please, briefly describe, how the event was organised: (e.g. presentations, workshops, activities, etc.).
3 online events gathering 73 participants ( interested stakeholders and Roma people ) were organized. The first section was dedicated to the project presentation: its aim, objectives, involved partners while the second section was determined to the project`s results:
- Identification of civic educational models for democratic participation of Roma adults
- Design and delivery of an OER capacity building programme tailored to the civic skill gaps of Roma adults: “Social Pathways for civic engagement of Roma adults in the EU”
- Delivery of policy suggestions regarding civic engagement of Roma adults at EU level
The main focus of the events was the presentation of the e -course. The technical aspect was shortly presented following by introduction of the learning objectives of all modules. It followed a discussion with the participants on a general topic of the civic engagement and social inclusion of the Roma. It was stated that the project is an innovative and focused attempt to enhance the civic competences of Roma and the topics of the modules are relevant for the general aim of the project.Moreover it was mentioned the need of Roma communities empowerment especially of Roma women.
The agenda was structured as follows:
- Aim, objectives and expected results
- Presentation of the project`s partners
- Presentation of the Project results
- Presentation of the Module: Antigypsysim and discrimination
How were the events promoted? What means of dissemination did you use to reach the stakeholders/participants:
We have used our social media platforms and previous cooperation and personal contacts with stakeholders and Roma.
Who were the people participating in the event?
Local stakeholders including Roma and Non Roma organizations, policy organizations and Roma people.
What was the participants’ feedback?
- I would like to know more about Erasmus+ and how to involve voulnarable
- I am grateful for the provided educational materials
- the e-course Modules are very interesting and deal with current issues, very innovative and civic engaged-oriented materials
- It would be interesting to try to organize a workshop with Roma on Antigypsysim and discrimination, training them for civic engagement and participation
Provide Social Pathways for Roma people
AGENDA – MULTIPLIER EVENT
[06, 15 and 20 October 2023]
[13: 00 – 16:00]
|[Time: e.g 18.00-19.00]
|[Activity e.g. Welcoming]